the ultimate protection
for your drill string and casing
Founded in 1966 and with operations in 28 countries, Welding Alloys Group is the global specialist in alloyed cored welding wires.
Each of the DRILL-GUARD premium hardbanding wires are designed and manufactured in-house utilizing our own technology from extensive Oil & Gas industry knowledge.
We are confident in the superiority of our hardbanding wires because we have control of the entire process as outlined below.
- Formulation / Chemistry of each wire which is specifically designed for the Oil & Gas Industry
Crack-Free - Wear Resistance - Non-Spalling - Re-Applicable - Casing Friendly - Compatibility
- Sourcing of the high grade raw materials with QC verification
- Optimal mixing times for the alloyed metallic powder cores
- In-house manufacturing with our proprietary mills
- Heat treatment
- Exceptional quality control
- Precision spooling and packaging
- Warehousing and inventory control prior to shipment
- Training and support to the drill pipe and BHA manufacturers as well as hardband service applicators
- Education and support to drilling contractors, Oil & Gas operators, and rental fleet companies
Highest grade metallic powders and strip.
In-house proprietary mills manufacturing hardbanding wire.
Every DRILL-GUARD batch has a six layer welded test and a spectrometer verifies that chemistry meets the stringent specifications.
Microstructure of DRILL-GUARD Ti magnification x200.